Let us Ascend to The Hill of The Lord, evaluating each step of the way.
1) "I cried unto the Lord"
A lament, declare your dependence
2) "I will lift up mine eyes to the hills"
A direction of the cry, knowing where and to Whom we look is more important than why we look.
3) "Let us go unto the house of the Lord."
When we have found the Source, lead, guide, share.
4) "Unto thee will I lift up mine eyes"
Rejoicing directional praise. Songs of remembrance.
5) "If it had not been the Lord"
Retelling of the victory is multifaceted: rejoicing, reclaiming, reliving, inspiring, insuring, assuring.
6) "They that trust in the Lord."
Fix your eyes not on false happiness
7) "When the Lord turned again the captivity."
Remembrance is a tool for climbing over the present when it is lofty in our sight. Exultation of past deliverance is key.
8) "Unless The Lord build the house."
Overcoming self-reliance, it not only say to others but more so speaks as instruction to us.
The Lord and the Lord alone is thus lauded at each step of these songs of the ascents. May we live a life whose every halting place shall suggest a new song unto the Lord!
1) Blessed is everyone who fears The Lord, who walks in His paths.
2) Many a time they have afflicted me from my youth; Yet they have not prevailed.
3) Out of the depths I have cried to You, O, Lord......I wait for The Lord my soul waits.
4) Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty.
5) Lord, Remember, Arise, O Lord
6) Behold, how good and how pleasant it is..
7) Behold, Bless The Lord, all you servants of The Lord. Lift up your hands and bless The Lord.